Deploying software can certainly have its challenges, but Deni Burtovic walks you through everything you need to know when it comes to deploying Haskell applications with Kubernetes. As you watch the webinar, we also encourage you to follow along by viewing the presentation which can be found here - Deploying Haskell Apps with Kubernetes.
About the Webinar
The webinar will focus on a quick Kurbernetes refresher and demonstrate how to create a Kube cluster using Terraform and Kops. Deni will discuss pods, deployments, services, and load balancers. Deni will use kubectl and deploy to demonstrate the deployment of a built image. You will also see how Docker images can be used in Haskell applications. There are plenty of questions asked by our viewers at the end of the video so don't leave until the video is complete because you will all about the advanced DevOps techniques employed by FP Complete.
- Personal Website - https://denibertovic.com
- Personal Github Site - https://github.com/denibertovic
- Deni's Twitter Account - https://twitter.com/denibertovic
- Terraform - https://github.com/fpco/terraform-aws-foundation
- Very simple Yesod application - https://github.com/fpco/haskell-multi-docker-example
- Related Blog - https://www.fpcomplete.com/blog/2017/12/building-haskell-apps-with-docker
- Official helm chart stable/kube-lego - https://github.com/jetstack/kube-lego
- After kube 1.8 use cert-manager - https://github.com/jetstack/cert-manager/
- External DNS - https://github.com/kubernetes-incubator/external-dns
- FPCO/FOUNDATION - https://github.com/fpco/helm-charts
- Prerequiste 1 - https://github.com/fpco/terraform-aws-foundation
- Prerequiste 2 - https://registry.terraform.io/modules/fpco/foundation/aws
The slides to this webinar are also available at Deploying Haskell Apps with Kubernetes
We want your feedback for webinar topics
We would like to hear your suggestions for future webinar topics. The simplest way to accomplish this is to add a comment to this blog post with your suggestion. Alternatively, send your suggestion via email to email@example.com.
In case you haven't read it yet
Finally - Fix your DevOps Challenges
If you haven't heard, we just published an ebook about DevOps and the 5 strategies you can implement now to help your IT Projects. Click the picture below to get your free copy today.