FP Complete is a globally distributed IT consulting firm, focusing on server-side software development and cloud deployments, leveraging modern DevOps techniques. We are now hiring new associate systems engineers. You will work with our world class team of software, DevOps, and quality engineers to deliver and maintain server and cloud infrastructure for various companies, remotely.
Location: remote, telecommute (you may work from home or anywhere you choose)
Type: full time, long term contractor
Learning opportunities: you will have extensive opportunities to learn from our senior engineers, and to practice and use tools like Terraform, Docker, Packer, Kubernetes, and more.
- Clear written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated ability to manage your own time, and to reliably deliver work you have agreed to do. We offer extremely flexible work hours and work location, and need trustworthy team members who can perform well in such an environment with no in-person supervisor.
- Either a university degree in information technology or computer science or a similar field, or equivalent experience contributing to professional or open-source IT projects.
- Your own computer, properly maintained and secured, with a reliable internet connection capable of supporting voice and video chat.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Unix/Linux command line.
- Demonstrated ability to administer Linux servers, and/or to write quality code suitable for business or technical use in at least one popular server programming language.
- Absolutely dependable honesty and personal integrity, including the ability to work with others who depend on you, and no history of unlawful or unethical activity.
- A bright, focused mind and a strong history of learning, and of constantly striving to improve your skills.
- A helpful attitude, with a desire to help users, prevent technical problems, and promptly diagnose and solve any problems that may occur.
- Availability to work at least 40 hours per week, and to attend scheduled online meetings, and an intention to stay with the company for at least 2 years (more if possible).
Note: for more experienced candidates, we also have a senior DevOps engineer position currently open.
About our team
FP Complete strongly believes in the principle of “better tools produce better results.” Our team investigates and chooses top-notch software solutions, building them internally when necessary. We have a strong engineer-driven culture, and provide many opportunities to sharpen your skills in related disciplines like software development (especially with Haskell and Rust), project management, quality assurance, and a range of DevOps and cloud technologies.
The ideal candidate for this role is an enthusiastic and curious individual looking to quickly learn best practices and get solid experience on real-world systems. This position will start with an associate engineer title, and will allow growth and promotion into more senior roles.
A monthly consulting payment in US dollars. A monthly rate will be based on skill level, experience, and adjustment for local cost of living.
You will be expected to pass written questions via email, and to pass oral interviews via videoconference, and to demonstrate your current hands-on technical skills.